Who will win the 121st US Open? Favorite and Longshots
Are you ready for the 121st US Open at Torrey Pines? So far this year the 2 majors that have been played (The Masters and the PGA Championship) have been incredible events. Watching Hideki Matsuyama become the first Asian player to win The Masters was a beautiful sight to see then there was the ageless Phil Mickelson dominating the young kids to win the PGA Championship. The crowd surrounding Mickelson coming down 18 was, in my opinion, the most exciting thing I have seen in golf since the good ole days of Tiger. Can the US Open at Torrey Pines repeat the incredible action we have seen this year?
Torrey Pines municipal golf course is great course to play as an amateur but when it comes time for the US Open it is a nightmare. All week we will hear about how the thick the rough and how fast the greens are. The rough is the x-factor and the golfer that can avoid the rough the most will have the best shot at raising the trophy come Sunday. So, who do we think will be victorious?
1. Jon Rahm, we are betting on him because he is playing damn good and is due. Also, we want him to revenge the covid-19 withdrawal he had to take at Memorial.
RAHM +950 (Vegas Favorite)
2. Xander Schauffele, the local boy. Everyone knows that Xander turns it on for the majors and what better one to win than the US Open in his backyard.
XANDER +1800 (Lock)
3. Cameron Smith, this guy can flat out play and he has the swagger and nerves to fight through this weekend.
CAMERON +6000 (Dark Horse)
4. Tony Finau, the people's champ is also due. We love Tony's game and it will be a tough set up for him but if he gets it going he is hard to beat.
FINAU +2400 (Risky Business)
5. Jordan Spieth, the comeback kid. Jordan has had a rough couple of years but we are starting to see the Spieth of old. Everyone knows that when Spieth is on that he is damn near impossible to take down. I love his game this year and his resume of wins keep him in our top five.
SPIETH +2100 (Tried & True)
Who do you think will raise the trophy this weekend in La Jolla, California at the majestical Torrey Pines municipal golf course?
Leave a comment